Friday, March 22, 2013

Healthy Yet Sick: Adrenal Tumor/ Cushing's Syndrome

Hello this is my first time blogging. I will start out saying that last week, I was diagnosed with a tumor on my right adrenal gland (top of kidneys) and I have Cushing's syndrome. I have been living with this for years but had no idea until now. This blog will journal my experience from diagnosis to recovery and share my story to others out there who are struggling from adrenal disease. There is not enough information out there about Cushing's and adrenal tumors. More often Cushing's disease is associated with tumors in the pituitary gland in the brain not adrenal gland. Adrenal tumors are rare since it only affects 2 out of a million people for both adenomas and carcinomas. Both are also 4 to 5 times more common in women than men. YEP i'm that lucky 2 out of a million. This condition is more common in horses and dogs than in humans. Well this is just a diary to help me cope through this hard time but maybe others out there like me will find this and I hope this can help someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment